The quality of air in our homes and offices is of paramount importance especially since we spend more than 90% of our day indoors. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to tell when your IAQ has declined. Certain smells or smoke can be indicative of an issue but more often its the pollutants that we can’t see or smell that are most harmful.
Swidget is proud to introduce an easy and inexpensive way to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy with our new Indoor Air Quality Sensor that measures bVOCs (volatile organic compounds), eC02 (equivalent carbon dioxide), temperature, and humidity.
The Swidget Air Quality Sensor reports an overall air quality reading for the room it is in and with this information, the user can automate a variety of tasks that includes receiving a notification to let you know when your air quality has declined. When this notification is received, the user can remedy the situation by opening a window or turning on a fan to improve the air quality.
Follow the Swidget Smart Recipe below to create an Air Quality Notification.
This recipe notifies you when your air quality drops below a certain level so that you can take action.
Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
Device: Choose one
|15A Outlet||20A Outlet||Switch||Dimmer||Auxiliary Control Switch||20/40/60 Switch|
Insert: Choose one
|Control||USB||Guide Light||Power Out Light||Motion||Temp/Humi||Temp/Humi/ Motion||Air Quality|
4. On the Automations page, click Rule and give your Automation a name.
5. Click the + sign beside Select Trigger and choose the Air Quality ( ) icon.
6. On the Select Trigger page, choose If air quality… Declines to and select one of the options from the list and enter 5 minutes for the duration. Click Continue.
7. Enable Send Notification.
8. Click Save Rule to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want to receive the notification.